Latest Microsoft News
- Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 with Win 8, keyboard will cost $799
Microsoft wasn’t kidding when it said Windows 8 Pro tablets would cost as much as ultrabooks.
- Project Austin’s Windows 8 app takes notes from Courier
The Microsoft Visual C++ team has built a Windows 8 app that takes much of its inspiration and code from Redmond’s never-realized Courier dual-screen tablet.Originally posted at Windows 8
- Congressional report dings Microsoft, HP for avoiding taxes
Report examines how two of technology’s biggest companies exploited weaknesses and loopholes in tax and accounting rules. But they’re not doing anything illegal.
- Microsoft to invest $500 million in youth outreach program
Microsoft introduces the YouthSpark philanthropy program, in which it’s investing half a billion dollars over three years.
- Microsoft reportedly asks China to stop state-run software pirates
The software giant is after China to clamp down on the illegal use of Office and other software by four state-run firms, says Bloomberg.
- Why Microsoft’s Surface needs to be a premium tablet
commentary There’s a market for premium, differentiated PC/tablet hybrids that aren’t trying to compete primarily on price. ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley hopes Microsoft’s Surface proves this category exists.
- Microsoft issues fix for IE hole; full update coming Friday
The company’s so-called “Fix It” tool is released today to patch critical hole, while a cumulative Internet Explore update will be issued on Friday.Originally posted at News – Security & Privacy
- The Surface challenge: Justifying a premium price tag
I think there’s a market for premium, differentiated PC/tablet hybrids that aren’t trying to compete primarily on price. I’m hoping Microsoft’s Surface proves this category exists.
- Office 2011 gains Retina Display support
Microsoft has added support for Apple’s Retina Display to Office 2011 for Mac, and also updated Outlook with enhancements and bug fixes.Originally posted at MacFixIt
Digest powered by RSS Digest