I came across this definition of a System today, so beautifully explained I needed to post it. It can also be too easy to think that only Computers are systems, we need to remember that our processes as groups can as easily be a “System”.
- System – A group of components that are connected in some way that perform some kind of function.
- Assembly of component connected together in an organised way.
- Components are affected by being in the system and are changed if they leave it.
- The assembly of components does something.
- The assembly has been identified by a human as being of interest.