Latest Microsoft News
- Analyst sees sharp decline in Intel, Microsoft influence
Microsoft and Intel influence is waning in the age of the iPad. And market researcher iSuppli says their share of the “new computer market” will continue to shrink.
- Intel 4th gen Core chips to slash power consumption
Chip giant will talk about a new series of mainstream chips next week that are much more power efficient than today’s processors.Originally posted at News – Business Tech
- Microsoft planning fall update to Kinect for Windows
Microsoft’s Kinect for Windows sensor and development kit are coming to China and a handful of other new markets this fall.
- Acer eyes Windows Phone 8 device amid its 2013 smartphones
The PC maker gives a heads-up on its plans to release six new smartphones in 2013, running either Microsoft’s upcoming mobile OS or Android.
- Windows 7 overtakes XP as Mac OS X passes Vista
More than three years since its release, Windows 7 is finally the world’s most popular desktop operating system, according to new figures.
- Microsoft spies Apple vulnerability
Microsoft and its partners find a hole in Apple’s defenses.
- At Windows 8 launch, these 40 games will be ready to go
Angry Birds, Minesweeper, Wordament, and 37 other casual games will be available on October 26, the day Microsoft makes Windows 8 commercially available.Originally posted at Windows 8
- Some vendors wary of Windows RT
Not all is copacetic in Windows RT land.Originally posted at News – Business Tech
- Microsoft’s best Windows 8 apps
News, Sports, and Weather are among the best-designed and most effective apps that Microsoft has created for Windows 8.Originally posted at Windows 8
Digest powered by RSS Digest