Another day another update, and today is no different. Apple have release iOS Update 5.1.1
Straight away you know its a Minor release based on the version X.X.1. This time it is a security update affecting the following products.[box title=”Products Affected” color=”#969696″]
Apple TV, Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X Server 10.4, Mac OS X Server 10.5, Mac OS X Server 10.6, OS X Lion, Product Security, Safari, iTunes 10, AirPort, Apple TV, iPhone, iPhoto, iPod touch, iTunes, QuickTime 7, Safari[/box]
As far as we can see it contains the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent [highlight bg=”#DDFF99″ color=”#000000″]the new iPad[/highlight] from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
To apply the update, do the following
Open “Settings” and click “General”
Click on the “Software Update”
Click on “Download and Install”
Agree to the “Terms and Conditions” (Only If you want to..)
Now all you need to do is click “OK” , Make sure you have enough battery power or plug it in.
You will now be rocking the latest IOS.